Recent Updates Page 2 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• meganfister 3:44 pm on September 6, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Swag Check in 9/6 

All sponsors have been contacted regarding what swag they plan to bring or send.

• For shared tables: 4 sponsors will attend with 1 response outstanding (2 tables)
    • For dedicated tables: 5 sponsors will attend with one response outstanding (5 tables)
    • For community space: 7 sponsors are bringing promo material (1 table)
    • Randy ordered 6 tables so we”ll need to add a few more next week when final numbers should be in
    • I sent a message to James L. re: after party swag/table ideas
    • Our swag assembly party is scheduled for 9/14 from 6pm-7pm at Ah So. I have the WP lanyards and will bring them

• Randy Hicks 6:12 pm on August 28, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Red Pepper floor plan PSDs 

I created floor plan psd based on the conversations we had last Friday. Please feel free to take these and use them for what ever you need.

Redpepper-venue-floor-1-standard

Redpepper-venue-floor-2-keynote

Redpepper-venue-floor-2-room-usage

• dnelle 7:01 pm on August 28, 2016 Permalink | Reply

best note ever: “Giant table that is hard to move”

Thank you for doing this, Randy

• Randy Hicks 5:10 pm on August 27, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Podcasts with Clark 

Hey all, I did an interview with Clark this morning and it went well. I think the format outlined below will help exopodite the process for everyone who would like to be involved.

• Get a list of questions from Planning team tailored for you.
    • Answer questions in a google doc.
    • Send copy of the doc to Clark before the talk so he can review.
    • Allow doc to be used in the blog post if requested.

Clark printed out my questions and answers and they helped us have a good exchange and flow. I highly suggest you give this a go!

• dnelle 1:32 am on August 23, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Notes on Lead Check-in #7 

SWAG

• Swag Prep party – sometime the week of September 12. Slated for September 14. D’nelle – check with Meg to solidify date & get an invite sent out

A/V

• Getting videos processed after camp
    • Brett – send Josiah the link about processing videos for wordcamp.tv
    • Josiah is going to reach out to his brother to see if he’s up

TRAVEL ACCOMMODATIONS

• Kenneth getting information to Beth tomorrow
    • Kenneth – get lyft & uber links
    • Google Points of Interest map – everyone get your POI added before August 24.

SPEAKERS

• All speakers have confirmed. Have release forms from 10+ people already
    • D’nelle – get with Joisah & Brett about eventbrite event for speaker sponsor dinner
    • $25/head for speaker gifts (order quantity 30). Brett is coming up with ideas; will share to slack

CLASSES

• Core contribution – rep from WP engine giving a talk about core contribution
    • Team is working on getting flash drives set up with useful things for CC
    • Randy’s got the rest of the class stuff under control. As soon as everything in confirmed, send info to Publicity!

WEBSITE

• Ticket sales are at 60

SPONSORSHIP

• D’nelle – update all sponsor logos on drive

PUBLICITY

• Schedule is ready to be released. Brett is pushing this live at his convenience
    • Beth is getting a post up on the site that will link to the schedule, note that higher ed and in-depth classes are not yet released, Core contribution on Sunday & help desk both days
    • D’nelle – get links & copy to Eleasha by end of day August 24
    • Plan to drop email on August 25. Aim for 10am.
    • D’nelle – promote schedule & stuff on social media on 8/24
    • Brett is going to ask speakers to amplify on social
    • Beth writing copy for Scene stuff, planning to get it sent out this week.
    • D’nelle – ping Wendy & Sarah again and ask again for who to talk to.

VENUE

• Walkthrough is 5pm August 25.
    • If anyone can’t be there but needs things decided, get those questions/tasks to D’nelle by 3pm August 25
    • Making decisions about Venue signage & where to put people on the day(s) of camp

VOLUNTEERS

• D’nelle is going to order bandanas – neon green

CATERING

• D’nelle – connect with Chance to confirm that 9/2 is the final drop-dead date for sandwich ordering
    • Costco run
      • LUNCH: apples/bananas (if ripe enough); variety packs of chips; bakery cookies; bottled water
      • SNACKS:
        • Saturday: string cheese, granola bars
        • Sunday: (morning) muffins

DESIGN

• Design team is working up “official” WCNash tee. When it’s live, get link to publicity.
    • We’re cool with WP Ninjas using the logo

SPEAKER/SPONSOR DINNER & AFTER PARTY

• Josiah is looking for a venue that will accommodate 75 people for speaker/sponsor & 90 people for afterparty
    • Need to have the speaker sponsor dinner settled by September 2 and RSVPs in by September 9
    • Afterparty ideas: bar at Renaissance hotel? Unsure about Flying Saucer. Martin’s BBQ hasn’t gotten back to him yet

• bethd 12:02 am on August 23, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Publicity Update 8/22/2016 

All Face of WordPress are scheduled to publish – Dnelle has the spreadsheet with schedule and is set to promo on Social Media

Spoke with Kenneth re: Accomodations post – he indicated he’s waiting on some info from a specific hotel.

I’m working on the copy for the 1/4 page Nashville Scene print ad – will have that to design by Wednesday 8/24

Press Release is done and set to go out to media – Emailing those tomorrow. I was waiting on the contact at the Nashville Scene. I now have that, will add it to the media contacts for future WCN, and will send out press releases Tues 8/23

• Josiah Goff 11:58 pm on August 22, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Speaker/Sponsor Dinner & After Party Check-in 8-22 

After Party: Still waiting to hear back from Martin’s and Flying Saucer. Going to follow up again tomorrow. Martin’s hasn’t gotten back to me at all and Flying Saucer said they’ve had something booked for that night since March but they were going to confirm the party still wanted it. Open to more ideas. Need to find something soon!

Speaker/Sponsor: Reserved the front room at Family Wash. If we want to do a special menu we can chat with the chef. Otherwise, it would just be normal prices. Still open to better options, but I thought we’d go ahead and reserve the room to be safe.

• meganfister 3:45 pm on August 22, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Swag Check-in 8-22 

Here is the update on swag:

• All sponsors have been contacted
    • # of Sponsors needing a table for swag: 6
    • # of Sponsors bringing promo material for community table: 5
    • Sponsors sending swag to Ah So: iThemes (stickers), Jetpack, Bluehost (4-5 boxes), possibly LearnDash
    • # of Sponsors who have not yet responded re swag: 6

I received a box of 100 WP lanyards and 200 button/stickers. I’ll bring them to the swag assembly party, which we need to get scheduled for early-mid September? I won’t be on the call tonight but will check the notes tomorrow more any action items for swag.

Megan

• Pamela Coyle 3:58 pm on August 22, 2016 Permalink | Reply

You all are doing such an awesome job it makes me weepy. Seriously. FYI on budget and swag – I decided in for a penny, in for a pound (as mom used to say) so in my little swag bags will be a Kind Bar or Cliff Bar to help with afternoon snacking. Found a decent bulk source online with free shipping.

• dnelle 1:20 am on August 23, 2016 Permalink | Reply

Awww, @pam, you’re the best!! We miss you 🙂 Love the kind/cliff idea! That’ll make it easier for me to diversify our snacking options!

• john 1:10 pm on August 22, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Sponsor Update 8-22 

We have reached our sponsorship goal of $8800 with a running total of $8850!

Most invoices have been paid.

• Randy Hicks 12:58 pm on August 22, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Classes Checkin 8-22 

Things are good and moving forward!

I just got back from a trip and have a lot of catching up to do on the home front. I could probably jump on for a bit tonight if you think you want me feed back on anything. But if it’s ok for me to be out for tonight I have lots of other things to do.

• Christina Blust 1:45 am on August 22, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

Design check-in 8/21 

Postcards arrived and have been distributed somewhat. Guitar picks and mason jars are designed. Next projects are sticker sheets, all the Scene stuff (once I have copy), and whatever gets decided in terms of t-shirts or whatever…? We’re still on track with everything to meet the deadlines we’ve established. Go team.

c
compose new post
j
next post/next comment
k
previous post/previous comment
r
e
edit
o
show/hide comments
t