Written by: Kindell Moore
I’m looking for no more than 2 students, and we would prefer to offer this opportunity as a class credit or internship credit because we are unable to compensate financially. We function fully on volunteers and in-kind sponsorships.
I’m including a list of guidelines that we require for a student to meet in order for them to photograph the event, they are pretty basic, but we just want to make sure they are entering a comfortable environment and have the tools and knowledge they need to be successful for event photography. First, please let us know if your department would like to select any students that might be interested and then I’d be happy to send you some more information.
Here are our guidelines:
- Basic understanding of operating a DSLR in manual mode and can operate quickly and accurately.
- Owns or has access to a DSLR, preferably higher end Canon or Nikon with at least a standard lens, multiple lenses would be ideal.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, or other photo editing software with equal capabilities.
- Understands how to operate camera in low light settings without use of on-camera or external flashes.
- Needs academic credit for a class or internship and will be given credit by WordCamp when all tasks assigned are completed.
- Preferred interest in commercial/editorial and or journalism/event photography for chosen career path or intended college major of study.
- Is teachable and excited about volunteering and community events, with a willingness to be professional and have fun!
Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this, we look forward to working with some of your students. Please let me know if you have any questions!