Hey community team, as always I’m crafting new ways to get the locals to come out and play!
If you are interested please connect with me in the #community slack channel.
I have a “Beginner WordPress Development” day in the makings and have gotten it to the point where I’m looking for two or three locals to delegate a few tasks too. These are easy tasks and should only require at most a total of an hour a week spread out among chat and email.
Beginner WordPress Development is:
A workshop specifically for people who either know other frameworks and want to learn how to build within WordPress or for people who know how to hack at a theme but want to know how to do it “correctly”.
The class will be taught by Micah Wood and Aaron Reimann from Atlanta, GA. Micah Wood has ran the class at two previous WordCamp, Orlando 2015 and Atlanta 2016. Micah submitted the class for WordCamp 2016, but we were already full. Opted for outsourced option rather than finding local talent because the curriculum currently exists and has been WordCamp tested.
Micah Wood, from Atlanta
Aaron Reimann, from Atlanta
- Approved by WordPress Community Team
- Budget: http://bit.ly/2e7ek6S
- Community Team funding has been approved, I’m requesting $250
- Location: Nossi College of Art and Design
- Tickets: Cap of 30 students
- Tickets are $10 to offset lunch and to provide value to the event
- Lunch will be Mitchell’s Deli, keeping it simple!
- Excess funds will be used to have drinks after the dev day.
- Ticket Sales: this will most likely be ran through Central, just not sure how yet
- Tentative date: Saturday January 28th
- Site: create landing page at wpnashville.com/events
- Content: Event landing page, Initial content 75% written
- Sponsors: We need one local sponsor at $250, they can bring swag and there will be a table if they want it.
- Speakers: Looking for donations options to help offset their cost
- Newsletter: add content to mailchimp template
- Announcement: Send to meetup
- Announcement: Send to WordCamp 2016? Need approval from Central
- Announcement: Twitter, Facebook
- Lunch: Order and facilitate delivery
- Coffee: Order and facilitate delivery