Recent Updates Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

  • Randy Hicks 1:15 pm on November 14, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Beginner WordPress Development Jan 2017 

    Hey community team, as always I’m crafting new ways to get the locals to come out and play!

    If you are interested please connect with me in the #community slack channel.

    I have a “Beginner WordPress Development” day in the makings and have gotten it to the point where I’m looking for two or three locals to delegate a few tasks too. These are easy tasks and should only require at most a total of an hour a week spread out among chat and email.

    Beginner WordPress Development is:

    A workshop specifically for people who either know other frameworks and want to learn how to build within WordPress or for people who know how to hack at a theme but want to know how to do it “correctly”.

    The class will be taught by Micah Wood and Aaron Reimann from Atlanta, GA. Micah Wood has ran the class at two previous WordCamp, Orlando 2015 and Atlanta 2016. Micah submitted the class for WordCamp 2016, but we were already full. Opted for outsourced option rather than finding local talent because the curriculum currently exists and has been WordCamp tested.

    Micah Wood, from Atlanta

    Aaron Reimann, from Atlanta

    Completed milestones:

    • Approved by WordPress Community Team
    • Budget: http://bit.ly/2e7ek6S
    • Community Team funding has been approved, I’m requesting $250
    • Location: Nossi College of Art and Design
    • Tickets: Cap of 30 students
    • Tickets are $10 to offset lunch and to provide value to the event
    • Lunch will be Mitchell’s Deli, keeping it simple!
    • Excess funds will be used to have drinks after the dev day.

    Pending Items

    • Ticket Sales: this will most likely be ran through Central, just not sure how yet
    • Tentative date: Saturday January 28th
    • Site: create landing page at wpnashville.com/events
    • Content: Event landing page, Initial content 75% written
    • Sponsors: We need one local sponsor at $250, they can bring swag and there will be a table if they want it.
    • Speakers: Looking for donations options to help offset their cost
    • Newsletter: add content to mailchimp template
    • Announcement: Send to meetup
    • Announcement: Send to WordCamp 2016? Need approval from Central
    • Announcement: Twitter, Facebook
    • Lunch: Order and facilitate delivery
    • Coffee: Order and facilitate delivery
     
    • dnelle 2:19 pm on November 14, 2016 Permalink | Reply

      I can do the email!

  • Randy Hicks 9:56 pm on September 15, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Volunteer Assignments and Notifications 

    Hey all,

    Every volunteer group has been sent the basic details of what they will be doing and when they will be doing it. The Venue is open at 6:30am and I have asked volunteer to arrive based on their need. Most have been asked to arrive between 6:30am and 6:45am to help with chairs and tables. View the Schedule »

    We need Room MC’s

    If you are not already signed up to be a Room MC please check out the schedule and add yourself. The room MC will introduce the speaker as well as make sure they start and stop on time. There will be intro sheets as well as basic instructions. View the Schedule »

    If you have items for the event in your possession

    If you have items for the event in your possession you must be at the venue no later than 6:45am. If this is you and you can not make it by 6:45am please let me know via email or slack. I will be at Devor Friday afternoon to receive the tables and chair and you could drop items off between 1pm and 5pm.

    Saturday Cleanup

    It is very important that we are all very conscience of the trash throughout the day. We will need to breakdown the event and move all the chairs to Devor before we leave the venue. We will need everyone for this!

     
  • bethd 6:46 pm on September 10, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Publicity Checkin 9/10 

    The Nashville Scene advertising statistics are posted on the WCN16 Google drive.

    The “Parking” post is on the WCN16 site saved as a draft.

    “Day of Guide” is written and will be posted on the WCN16 site this week.

     
  • Randy Hicks 4:02 pm on September 9, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Chair Delivery Confirmation 

    I have confirmed with the rental and venue that we are good to go with everything.

    • Rental drop-off Fri Sep 16th at 1-5pm at Devor
    • I will be at Devor from 1-5pm
    • Rental pickup Mon Sep 19th 9-12pm
    • I will be at Devor from 9-12pm

    If there any questions or concerns please comment, email or slack me.

     
  • chancestrickland 5:36 pm on September 8, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Food/Beverage check-in 9/8 

    • Coffee contract has been signed and catering arranged. Two deliveries on Saturday, one on Sunday. We will confirm final numbers on Tuesday and make payment then. I will check in again next Friday ahead of the event to make sure we don’t hit any roadblocks.
    • Lunch order has been placed with Mitchell’s Deli. Awaiting confirmation and next steps regarding payment, but that should be squared away in the next day or two.
    • Sent a note to Nashville Rescue Mission to arrange for delivery of leftovers on Saturday afternoon. Confirmed that they will be able to accept donations on Saturday up until 7pm. I will personally deliver the leftovers if needed.
     
  • dnelle 1:28 am on September 8, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Notes on Lead Check-in #8 

    SPEAKER/SPONSOR DINNER & AFTER PARTY

    Speaker/Sponsor

    • 34 RSVPs for speaker/sponsor
    • J sending another email this weekend to non-RSVP-ers and to RSVP-ers
    • D’nelle needs to be to Speaker/Sponsor dinner by 6:15pm to greet (Josiah’s flight is coming in late)

    After Party

    • Josiah came up with a guide and put parking information on the google map
    • There is space for WP Ninjas! James is bringing his own table.
    • We need to tell people that they can get 2 drinks with their badge, and then give the family wash a cap to our tab.

    SWAG

    • Meg – harass flywheel!
    • Waiting to hear from plesk & flywheel
    • Our swag assembly party is scheduled for 9/14 from 6pm-7pm at Ah So. I have the WP lanyards and will bring them
    • Agenda for swag assembly: alphabetize lanyard cards (124 of them), divvy up swag to get it over to redpepper/deavor, discuss how registration will work (classes sign-up, handing out maps, taking money at the door)

    A/V

    • Brett – look into an audio solution
    • D’nelle – get with lauren to ask: who does red pepper use for audio?
    • Brett & D’nelle are working on content for the projection screen in wonderland cafe
    • Loop back with Ben & Todd about cameras & filming

    SPEAKERS

    • Moderator sheets – have them done by September 14. (printing is going to press on September 15)
    • Speaker gifts are being taken care of
    • Brett – get with Randy & Todd about Track 4 Higher Ed

    CLASSES

    • D’nelle – ask Ross about Yoast offer and ask his opinion… then contact Yoast & respond to offer
    • D’nelle – Poll attendees about their sunday attendance on Thursday!!
    • Saturday classes sign-up Survey (D’nelle – buy 3 clipboards or get them from Randy)

    BUDGET

    • D’nelle needs to get with Randy

    VENUE

    • Table/Chair delivery – Randy is going to work from deavor both days. Friday drop off is 1-5pm, Monday pick-up is 9a-noon
    • Track 1 goes in Threederland/Fjorderland
    • Track 2 goes in Tudorland
    • Track 3 goes in Deavor
    • Track 4 higher ed goes in Wonderland Cafe 10am & 11am

    CATERING

    • Coffee for 220 x2 on Saturday; 150 x1 on Sunday
    • Catering on Saturday – order 220 sandwiches

    PUBLICITY

    • Day of Guide draft is posted to site, publishing on 9/12
    • D’nelle – publicize this via social & email
    • Email to go out on Wednesday 9/14: Day of Guide, promo WP ninjas & Bluehost, volunteers
    • Go look for emails from Clark and get the stuff to Beth to post

    SPONSORSHIP

    VOLUNTEERS

    • Need to connect with Dustin on this

    DESIGN/PRINTING

     
    • Christina Blust 6:35 pm on September 8, 2016 Permalink | Reply

      I alphabetized the attendees in the merge doc before I sent it on, so hypothetically those could come back to us already in order. 🙂

  • Christina Blust 4:55 pm on September 7, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Design check-in 9/7 

    Despite lots of last minute crazy, we’re on track with design. Designed and sent to print since last time: – sticker sheets (including Wapuu) – all Scene assets – lanyards (with all registrants up to Tuesday afternoon) – banner for stairwell

    Left to design: – day-of signage – teespring stuff? – thank you cards

     
  • Randy Hicks 1:20 pm on September 7, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Classes check in 9-7 

    Classes are on cruse control from here. I have a final check in with the instructors just to make sure they know when they are speaking and to make sure they have all they need.

     
  • Josiah Goff 4:00 am on September 7, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    After Party & Speaker/Sponsor Dinner Check-In 9/6 

    After Party

    • Decided on Family Wash for the venue
    • We’ll be combining their outdoor space, coffee area, and fishbowl room to accommodate everyone
    • Drinks and apps until we hit our budget and then they’ll be able to use their drink tickets for a 10% discount

    Speaker/Sponsor Dinner

    • Decided on Pour House for the venue
    • We’ll be doing a build-your-own nachos and sliders bar, plus drinks
    • The invite has been sent to everyone and so far 31 have RSVP’d
    • Going to send a reminder this weekend to everyone who hasn’t RSVP’d yet
     
  • bethd 11:40 pm on September 6, 2016 Permalink | Reply  

    Publicity Checkin 9/6 

    The Nashville Scene has everything they need.

    Need to know if these posts are ready: they are all in the WCN Publicity folder:

    I have three Faces of WordPress to publish between tomorrow and Google Hangout.

     
c
compose new post
j
next post/next comment
k
previous post/previous comment
r
reply
e
edit
o
show/hide comments
t
go to top
l
go to login
h
show/hide help
shift + esc
cancel